- Notice - A notice of a meeting of members shall be sent by electronic or ordinary mail to each member and the notice shall state the date, the time and the place of the meeting. The accidental omission to give notice of any meeting or the non-receipt of any notice by any member shall not invalidate any business transacted at any meeting;
- Voting at Meetings - Every question at any meeting of members shall be decided by a majority of votes and in the case of a tie, the chairman shall have a casting vote. In the absence of the president and the vice-president, the members may choose any full member or life member present to act as chairman at the meeting. Only full members and life members shall have the right to vote at meetings of members. Voting by written proxy shall be permitted but the proxy vote shall not exceed five per cent of voting members;
- Meetings Generally - Regular meetings shall be held monthly from September to June. An annual meeting shall be held during the month of June at which time reports of the members of the executive and committee chairman shall be received. A quorum for a meeting of members shall consist of twenty (20) percent of the voting members. The order of business at meetings of members shall be as follows:
- minutes of the last meeting of members;
- treasurer’s report;
- committee reports;
- old or unfinished business;
- new business;
- Guest Speaker(s) or Special Presentation(s).
- Meeting Conduct - All meetings of members - executive, committee and general - shall be conducted using parliamentary procedure with reference to Robert’s Rules of Order as a guide.
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 409
|Meeting Event and Guest Schedule 2017-2018|
|Sept 2017||Welcome of new Board|
|Dec 2017||Tech Night: Christmas/Holiday Meeting|
|Jan 2018||Big Event Planning|
|May 2018||Field Day Planning|
|June 2018||NPARC Elections|
|Note: No general meetings scheduled for July and August.|
The next executive meeting will be Wednesday, Sept, 6, 2017 at 7:00 P.M. at the Niagara Regional Headquarters, 1815 Sir Isaac Brock Way, Thorold, ON L2V 4Y6. Please see the Infomation Display inside the main doors for the location within the building of the meeting location.
Everyone is welcome to attend.
Come on and Register
Hey NPARC members!
You are HIGHLY encouraged to register here and setup an account. There are many sections and selections that are only available to NPARC members. Those menu items will have beside the selection,
To everyone else, feel free to register as well although your access will NOT include NPARC specific sections.
If you wish to become a member of the Niagara Peninsula Amateur Radio Club (NPARC), please visit this article which explains the process.
Take care and 73