a) Classes of Membership - There shall be five (5) classes of membership as follows:
- Life Membership - Upon the recommendation of the executive committee and the approval of such recommendation by a meeting of members, a life membership may be awarded to an individual who is a licensed radio amateur and has been continuously active and interested in amateur radio activities in the club. A life member shall have the same privileges as a full member;
- Full Membership - A full membership is available to individuals holding a valid certificate of proficiency in radio issued by the Industry Canada or its successor agency;
- Family Membership - Family Membership is available to any amateur and his or her spouse and all dependants under the age of twenty-one years. Licensed amateurs under a family membership shall have the privileges of full membership;
- Associate Membership - Associate Membership is available to individuals who are not fully licensed amateur radio operators but who show a genuine interest in amateur radio. Associate Membership is also available to licensed amateur radio operators who are not residents of the Regional Municipality of Niagara and who are unable to attend regular monthly meetings of the club;
- Honourary Membership - Upon the recommendation of the executive committee and approval by a meeting of members, Honourary membership may be awarded to individuals who have provided active support to the club or to amateur radio activities. Honourary members may attend club meetings but shall have no other club privileges.
b) Duties of Members - It shall be the duty of all members of the club to comply with the by-laws of the club and the laws of Canada pertaining to amateur radio.
c) Loss of Membership
- Any member may be expelled from the club for violation of any club rule or the trusts of the club;
- Expulsion proceedings shall be commenced by petition, in writing, signed by ten or more full members or life members and the petition shall state the reason for considering the expulsion of the member accused. The petition shall be delivered to the president of the club;
- The president shall call a meeting of the executive of the club to consider the charge and he/she shall notify the member charged at least 30 days prior to the executive meeting;
- The member charged shall have an opportunity to answer the charge in writing and he/she may appear at the executive meeting to present his/her defence;
- After giving the member charged full opportunity of defense, the executive shall decide, by secret ballot, whether or not to recommend the expulsion of the charged member to a meeting of members and the president shall advise the charged member of the decision of the executive;
- The decision of the executive shall be presented to the membership at the next general meeting and the membership may, by secret ballot, confirm or reject the recommendation of the executive but only after hearing all of the evidence and affording the charged member every opportunity of defense.
d) Dues - Each member shall pay membership fees in amounts and at times as prescribed by resolution. No dues are payable by Life members or Honourary members. Full membership dues are not pad by Amateur Radio Candidates for the remainder of the membership year in which they successfully pass their examination and receive their call sign, provided they are instructed through the Niagara Peninsula Amateur Radio Club, Inc. There shall be no pro-ration of membership fees or dues.
e) Note: An Amateur Radio Candidate is a person not licensed to operate in Canada and who is studying through instruction in a Niagara Peninsula Amateur Radio Club, Inc. class to obtain their license and call sign.
f) Membership Year - The membership year shall run for a period of 12 consecutive months from September 1st to August 31st of the next year and club members shall enjoy all their respective rights, privileges and obligations for that period.
g) Diversity Statement - We the members of the Niagara Peninsula Amateur Radio Club, Incorporated welcome all people equally. We will not tolerate discrimination and/or harassment on the basis of race, faith, religion, creed, colour, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, sex, age, marital status, family status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or handicap.